Monday, December 17, 2007

Clams, clams, clams, clams

The above is sung to the "Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam" Monty Python tune. I am so delighted that my kids like clams, although my husband doesn't, so it's a "when dad's out of town meal." I've had em fancied up at local restaurants, but like mine better. Saute a handful of chopped shallots and some garlic in olive oil and butter, add a splash of white wine and a squeeze of lemon, dump in the cleaned clams and steam until they're juicy and delicious. Serve with a side of pasta, tossed with more olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper, with lots of clam juice poured over the top. Steamed broccoli with more fresh squeezed lemon on top, Sauv. blanc for me and lait blanc for the kids. I never seem to buy enough clams, Duncan could easily go through 2 pounds in one sitting. And he likes shrimp eggs, a real Alaska kid.

No comments: