Friday, November 2, 2007

This really has nothing to do with food.


Seeing as yesterday was all saints day, which meant no one has to go to school or work, Kaden asked if anyone would like to go to Disneyland Paris. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO GO TO DISNEYLAND?! Hell yes I would like to go to Disneyland! So off Kaden and I went on the RER to Disneyland (which is pronounced Diiiiisnaylaaaaaaand here). I hate to admit it, but when we saw the sign that said "SORTIE Parc Disneyland" we both squealed in a very immature fashion. The entrance is in this big building that reminded me very much of the Hotel del Coronado. After buying out tickets, we found ourselves in Main Street USA and more squealing happened. It was fabulous. Little victorian buildings everywhere, lots of people, cinderella's castle, lots of crap to buy, it was great. So we headed off to Frontier Land to go to the Phantom Manion becuase Kaden loves old houses. It was fun because it was all decked out for halloween, which isn't really a big deal here, I don't know why, because you get the next day off, so why not party? The mansion was fun, it looked like an old new england home, so that was fun. Then we went to ADVENTURE land and went to Davy Jone's locker and did the pirate thing. The line for Pirates of the Carribbean was excruciating and a fat french woman told her children that I was one of those people who didn't respect lines and then she hit Kaden in the stomach. I guess the up side is that I UNDERSTOOD what she was saying about me. (!) Pirates was definitely worth the wait, but then we were hungry so we went to get something to eat. I had what was probably the worst pastrami sandwhich ever, but I will note that the pizza was in the form of a micky mouse head. cute cute. Then we were off to Dumbo the Flying Elephant! The line for this one moved rather quickly, but there were a lot of parents who kept hitting Kaden with their children. Odd. But the ride was fun and I was surprised at how high you could make dumbo fly. There was a lot of happy shrieking on my part. Then we went to Snow White, which was kind of lame. Then, just to please my father, we headed off to IT'S A SMALL WORLD. And I now understand why my uncle was ready to maim me after making him ride it with me when I was 7 for three days straight. Sorry. By then it was really dark out, but I wanted to prove to myself that I was a big girl, so we went off to Thunder Mountain. It was definitely worth the 50 minute wait. It was so much fun, though I have to admit that I held on to Kaden's arm and smashed my face into her shoulder for most of it. But it was still fun. We decided that we are definitely much tougher than we thought and maybe we could handle some of the rides at Park Asterix, which is where we want to go next. On the ride back I was looking through my pictures and Kaden said "we haven't even gotten back to Paris and you're already looking through your pictures nostalgically! Disney does this! I don't know how!" and it was true! I don't know why I had such a fun time, I spent hours standing in line being hit by small children, but I had a fantastic time! Yay for disney. The best part is, we're going to see if Smith will reimburse us for some of the ticket price because it was a "cultural experience" because it was in french...

No comments: