Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cuzin M catching up

First,let me say I am impressed with the DeCherneys of Juneau...planning, cooking,writing and drinking everyday ...I have difficulty getting it together for any one of those activities on any given day...please share your secret!

So, to catch up...we had a fabulous dinner of Orange Beef,Kung Pao Chicken, and vegetarian Spring Rolls....all cooked by Sammy Woo... at his restaurant. If you go, you must go to the one in Irvine, somehow the food isn't as good as the other locations. Better yet, if you are in the area,let us know and we''ll take you!

So what is the difference between a Spring Roll and an Egg Roll?

Monday was leftover Orange Beef for me. Chuck worked late and grabbed something and ate at his desk.

Tuesday was a taste of the old neighborhood...Chicken Cacciatore with a side of pasta and a green salad. Adding a shot of vodka to the "gravy"(aka tomato sauce in South Philly-eze) ala Emeril really adds a delicious kick to the dish.

I might as well get tonight over with now...let me preface this by saying I am not at all embarrassed to be writing this: 1.Chuck has a dinner meeting. 2. It's Halloween. 3. There's candy in the house. 4. There are very few Trick or Treaters on this street. 5. ANY QUESTIONS???

2 comments:

ren.decherney said...

I think egg rolls have meat in them? But I definitely would not be the authority on this...

Nancy DeCherney said...

I personally feel that Twix or whatever those things are with the little cookies in chocolate are definitely breakfast food items. Kari, my office compadre, and I verified that this morning early.

I can definitely see dark chocolate Milky Ways as a dinner item. Red wine.