Monday, October 15, 2007

Tri tip

I don't know if I have ever cooked a tri tip. Even without looking on the web I knew that there is only one per cow and that it is a relatively new phenomenon in the stores. Everything that I read said that it can dry out very quickly unless you marinate it. I don't know why they don't say to braise it.

The mozzarella was very weird.

Last week there was a boat in town that had one of my favorite kinds of trefe; shrimp. Nine bucks a pound for fresh out of the water head off shrimp. I bought six pounds, we had it two days in a row over pasta and I froze the rest. My favorite recipe is to saute them in the skin in a cast iron skillet with olive oil. You season them with lemon and garlic and serve with some dipping sauce and finger bowls. Very mess but very tasty.

JD

No comments: